Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pubs and Clubs

From time to time, along comes a video that is absolutely moving and inspiring. Such is the one I've attached here. I get lots of videos from all sorts of folks. I look at them. Well, honestly, I look at the beginning of ALL of them. But, as I'm sure it is with you, there's not a lot of new stuff making the rounds of the internet that I haven't seen before, or seen something pretty much like it. True enough, a lot of them are worth seeing again, and I do enjoy them...again. My wife says I can look at them a second time because I've reached an age that doesn't allow me to remember seeing them the first go-round. Saves money on buying books, I'll tell you. And, at this rate, I never have to see re-runs on TV. They're all new, as far as I'm concerned.

Which brings me to the topic of "age". What is "old age"? Ask a 16 year old, and he'll tell you it's time to dump in the dirt on folks 30 or older. Brats. What's old age, I think, is a state of mind. True, there are things that some older folks can't do any more. Of course, I know a lot of 30-year olds who could NEVER do some of the things I've done in the last five years.

To move on to this video. It's a clip from Britain's Got Talent. Yeah, me too. I've seen all of the 3, 8 and 12 year olds performing like they were 20 year old stars. Natural talent, they say. And, "they" are likely right. There's a lot of untapped natural talent running around out there.

Then, along comes another video clip. However, this one's not about a pre-teen wannabe star. This woman has....well, you really, really need to "take 5", crank up the speakers, and give a looksee and listen. If you're not impressed, I'll give you double your money back.

http://uk.video.yahoo.com/watch/7464575?fr=yvmtf

No comments:

Post a Comment