Friday, August 5, 2011

Go Green. The Seniors, among us, want to set the record straight.

As I am sure it is with you, I get a lot of great e-mails. And, I read them. Except those that are obviously from some spammer that wants my money or sanity or business or...well, you get the idea. 
I admit. I don't always read them right away, but I do get to them. Sooner or later. 
A lot of jokes come my way. And I love them. Many, I've heard before. At my age, though, I often don't remember them until I get to the punch line. 
And, as a lot of folks on my e-mail list know, I like to send them along. 
Tbe following observation (from an e-mail) is not a joke. Not exactly. It is funny. And, it certainly applies to us Gray Americans. Many of us, anyway. Thought you might need a tickle on this final work day (for some of you) of the week.  
    
Senior  citizens are constantly being criticized for every  conceivable deficiency of the  modern  world, real or imaginary. We know we take  responsibility for all we have done and do not  blame others.
HOWEVER,  upon  reflection, we would like to point out that it  was NOT  the senior  citizens who took:
The  melody  out of music,
The  pride  out of  appearance,
The  courtesy  out of driving,
The  romance  out of love,
The  commitment  out of marriage,
The  responsibility  out of  parenthood,
The  togetherness  out of the  family,
The  learning  out of education,
The  service  out of  patriotism,
The  Golden Rule  from rulers,
The  nativity  scene out of  cities,
The  civility  out of behavior,
The  refinement  out of language,
The  dedication  out of  employment,
The  prudence  out of spending,
The  ambition  out of achievement  or
God  out of government and  school.
And we  certainly are  NOT  the ones who  eliminated  patience  and  tolerance from  personal relationships and interactions with  others!!
And, we do understand the meaning  of patriotism, and remember those who have fought  and died for our country.  Just look at  the Seniors with tears in their eyes and pride in  their hearts as they stand  at attention  with their hand over their hearts!
YES, I'M  A SENIOR CITIZEN!
I'm the life of the  party.even if it lasts until 8 p.m.
I'm  very good at opening childproof caps.... with a  hammer.
I'm awake many hours before my body  allows me to get up.
I'm smiling all the  time because I can't hear a thing you're saying. 
I'm sure everything I can't find is in a  safe secure place, somewhere.
I'm wrinkled,  saggy, lumpy, and that's just my left  leg.
I'm beginning to realize that aging is  not for wimps.
Yes, I'm a  SENIOR CITIZEN and I think I am having the time of  my life!

I especially enjoyed this final note from that e-mail:

Go  Green  -  Recycle  CONGRESS!!

My sentiments, exactly. Who said we older types aren't recycle-saavy?

No comments:

Post a Comment