Sunday, November 3, 2013

Biltmore Estate, Gorgeous Flowers, in Asheville

I've heard of the Biltmore Estate all my life. A bit over a  hundred years old, it's a huge house in Asheville, in the mountains of North Carolina. I've heard of it, but I've never, ever been there, even though I've been to, and passed through, Asheville and the surrounding area many times.

My wife, Robie, and I had the opportunity to spend a couple days and nights at the Inn at Biltmore recently. Expensive, most definitely, but given our service and amenities, the relaxation (did I mention a "couples massage"?), it's definitely worth the time and money. You might want to indulge yourself some time.

All that aside, being a photo buff 24-7, I was duly impressed by the gardens. A couple wows! are in order. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to take in everything I would have liked. Needless to say, there's a good chance, a very good chance, that we'll be going back.

At any rate, I'm attaching a few pictures that I liked. Hope you do, too.

Looking Tall



                                                                                                Statuesque
 
Stairs to Up There
 

                            Majestic Tree
 
 
 
  Vivid Color

                                                                                                 Busy Bee
 Nature's Framing        
 
Robie is Planning Something                   
 






 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment