Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Just a Day of Flying, complete with pictures.

Had an assignment Monday. Flew a bit around Wilmington (NC), getting photos for a client. And, of course, when in the air, on the sea, below the sea, or just toolin'  'round town, I take advantage of my surroundings.

Here are a few pics to share.

No, I was not walking on the wing. But, I did stick my camera outside on the approach to Wilmington's airport. It was such a nice day. My wife, Robie, went along for the ride. Guess my open window makes a mess of hair for those in the back seat.


Independence Mall in Wilmington (NC). A little history here. It was opened in 1976, the year of the Bicentennial, the 200th anniversary of this great nation. Hence, "Independence Mall". Cool, too, in that it's telephone number is 910-392-1776. Funny how I've remembered this for 35 years.



Air Force pilots routinely use Wilmington International for touch and go practice landings for it's Presidential fleet. Such was the case on Monday.

Downtown Wilmington, with the Notrh Carolina Battleship Memorial across the Cape Fear River


Longshoremen offload containers from a 900-foot ship at the NC State Ports in Wilmington
Bird's Eye View


              Henrietta, a river tour boat, passes the State Port on a midday trip out of Wilmington.

Ok, back on the ground. What a sweet dog. The driver is, without ANY doubt, an ECU grad. His Jeep was sporting a couple pirate flags, a bumpder sticker that claimed his other car is a pirate ship (I gotta find one of those...our boat is named Pirate Attack), his license plate was neat: ECYOU. And, this cool dog is sporting a purple collar. I'll bet they're a hit at tailgate parties. 

Anyway, that was our day. Beautiful, it was.  I could have stayed up there, shooting pictures, all day. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment