Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Dancing Fool

Well, I'm the "fool" part of that title, for sure. But, with any luck, I'll be the dancer by mid October.

The Onslow (NC) Women's Shelter is raising money to support their safe haven for battered women. Yes, I know, men get battered, too, but they generally have better "escape" resources than do women.

What I'm doing now is outright solicting for a good cause. And, I'm subjecting this old fool's body to some interesting maneuvering in order to convince folks to cough up some bucks. Go to www.onslowwc.org/raefordandkaitlyn to get more info and to make a donation.

Now, for the dancing thingie. I have been partnered with a nice lady. And she knows her stuff, let me tell you. Forget about me on the dance floor. Kaitlyn, my partner, will be the shining star on this team. She's a pro, an instructor, a belly dancer.

(Pause for gut busting laughter)

Get it out of your system. I am gonna look good on the floor. With help from my wife (she's been a dancer since we first met more than a half century ago) and Kaitlyn, how could I be anything but good?

I'll be posting pictures here and on www.thundercountryonline.com in the coming days and weeks. All of this leads up to the Big Event, Dancing Stars of Jacksonville (NC) on 13 October. It will be held at the Jacksonville Country Club, and you might want to get your tickets sooner than later.

For now, go to the web site, and reach deep into your pockets. The Onslow Women's Shelter will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment