Monday, August 20, 2012

I'm Learning to Dance, and my instructor is a professional Belly Dancer!

Another lesson, and my teacher, Kaitlyn, is a great liar. She said I am "doing great". And, she did it with a straight face. Or, maybe she's right, and I am getting better.


For my third lesson, it was a day to learn how to move my feet, backside and arms at the same time, making them go in the prescribed directions, just as Kaitlyn wanted.


I felt pretty good, after 90 minutes, until I discovered that I was less than half way through the song! But, it's a start. And, with a lot of luck, and a lot of between-lessons coaching by my wife and granddaughter, I might even look pretty decent when I next see Kaitlyn. With lots of practice, and a lot of persistence, and a few OTC pain pills for sore muscles that haven't been utilized in a few decades, Kaitlyn will be pleasantly pleased. I'm counting on that.


Check out this style!!!!


This is for a good cause. The Dancing Stars of Jacksonville (NC) is coming to the Jacksonville Country Club on 13 October. Tickets are $50 each. It's for a great cause, the Onslow Women's Center. They support a shelter for battered women in the area, a safe haven for vicitms of domestic abuse. You can also support the center by logging onto www.onslowwc.org/raefordandkaitlyn and make an online donation. I'm shooting for at least a grand, and your support will be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. paulahcorbett@aol.comAugust 21, 2012 at 12:41 AM

    It looks like you are doing great and for such a good cause...I am certainly impressed with your effort....Keep up the practice to make perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete