Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Dancing Star...back to the drawing board

Got another lesson last week. Getting another Wednesday night. If you're just tuning in, I have graciously accepted an invitation to subject myself to all of the ridicule imagineable. I am dancing to raise money for the Onslow (NC) Women's Center. A worthy cause, for sure. The Center operates a shelter, a safe haven, if you will, for female victims of domestic abuse.

I, along with some very distinguished folks in Jacksonville, will be dancing our little toes off, seeking contributions for the shelter. Each participant will have two dances, and we'll strut our stuff at a gala at the Jacksonville Country Club on 13 October. Tickets for that event are $50 each.

And, you can go on line to make a donation, if you choose. Each of us is trying to raise at least a grand. www.onslowwc.org/raefordandkaitlyn will take you to "my" page, and you can contribute there. Thanks to those who have already done so.

Now, to the nitty gritty. My "partner" is an instructor. That is part of my saving grace. She's a pro, and I'm counting on that to make me look good. Actually, if I want to be totally honest, I'm counting on her looking so good that you won't even notice me!!!! Ok, I fessed up. "She" is Kaitlyn, and not only is she a professional instructor, she's a professional belly dancer. And, she's darn good.
I'll be talking with Kaitlyn, soon, on my morning talk show, Live and Local on Thunder Country 96.3.
Thank you, in advance, for your consideration.
www.onslowwc.org/raefordandkaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment