Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rhythm and Patriotism, race, politics, and presidents.

Seems that us white guys don't have rhythm. That's what some say.
We can't jump, either, according to some folks.
Ahhh...come on. There's no race card here. Leave it alone. Those who know me best know that I have not one prejudicial bone in my body. Except when it comes to stupidity. And, bad people. And, idiots.  
How-so-ever (I'm gonna jump into a different rabbit hole here...ask Robie, she'll explain that one)....I don't appreciate those who want to play that excuse for a real card when it's convenient. For them or To them.
AND....I have little to less than no patience for you racists among-us. You know who you are.
For you law guys out there, I am NOT talking about profiling, for goodness sakes. Yeah, I know. That's one of those less than PC terms that gets some folks in an uproar. Get over it. Profiling exists. YOU, regardless of race or color or religious or sexual preference do it EVERY day.
'Zample. You find a white guy with a black face at an NAACP (another name that needs to be changed, to keep up with the times...but, leave our National Anthem ALONE) meeting, you might want to take a serious look at him. Same goes for a black guy at a KKK rally, hiding under a white sheet. The cop in me wants to take a second look, 'cause you can bet that someone's up to no good.
So, what's this crap that white guys have no rhythm? 'Specially southern white guys. Once you get the stick out (use your imaginations), we have as much of that stuff as anyone else.
Republican, Independent (that's me, should you care to check with the Board of Elections), Democrat or whatever, U.S. Americans (as opposed to Mexicans or Canadians or Brazilians, or Argentinians (just different parts of America) like to see their leaders acting as humans. Bill Clinton done good with his sax on TV. He showed a human side.  (Not so good with his public sex though). 
At a Marine Corps Birthday Celebration, former President George W. Bush showed that he, too, has a human side, some patriotic rhythm. 
I kinda like that. Especially in a World Leader.
Let the comments begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment