Thursday, July 7, 2011

Urine In, or You're OUT. The urine test, as it should be administered.

A buncha e-mails are making the rounds about free money.
Those who work for a living are getting a wee bit tired of picking up the tabs of those who don't.
Those e-mails, many of them, look a lot alike.
One that crossed my puter screen a day or two back was written in common sense talk. And, I like that. I also like the graphics that go with it. After all, a picture says a lot.



Like most folks in this country, I have a job. I

work, they pay me.


I pay my taxes & the government distributes my taxes...


...as it sees fit. 

In order to get that paycheck, in many cases, employees are required to pass a random urine

test (with which I have no problem).




What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. 
So, here is my question: Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because most workers have to pass one to earn it for them? 
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.



I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their BUTT----doing drugs while I work.



Can you imagine how much money each state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check? 
I guess we could call the program "URINE OR YOU'RE OUT"! 

Regardless of party affiliation, this only makes good sense. And, going one step farther, since regular governemnt employees, as well as employees in many sections of the private sector, must past random drug tests, why don't we require the same for our Congressmen and Senators? If they can't pass it on the second day of any session, then they should not be allowed to participate in that session. And, at the end of the session, another test should be given, and if any legislator fails, then ALL of his/her votes must be negated, as though they were absent, and a new tally of "ayes" and "nays"should be tallied.

It also goes without saying that any legislator who fails either test should be docked his/her salary, along with any expenses they've run up, and the results should be sent to their hometown news organizations.

At the least, it would make for some much better and interesting reading than we're getting today. Anyone else tired of that trial down in Orlando? What a waste of money, time and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment